Today’s theme is a survey/statistics post; to collect some data or do a bit of research and share the results.
Hey ho – a survey form (did you read my blog on surveys?) https://steviet3.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/all-surveyed-out/
I went back to all the interviews I’d done on my website http://www.stevie-turner-author.co.uk, and looked through authors’ answers to my question of the best way they’d found of marketing their books, and listed their favourite sites here below:
- Get involved with a writing organisation or group, or a book club
- Personal blog
- Facebook Ads
- Word of mouth, book signing events, interviews or internet radio interview
Another way to market books which is not listed above by the authors, is to ask readers to sign up to a mailing list. In this way an author has a number of email contacts to call on who may be interested in an ARC copy of an unpublished manuscript for reviewing, or to pre-order a new book to increase ratings on the day of publication. With this in mind, I have recently set up a mailing list on MailChimp, which you can find by clicking the link to my website above, or hopefully a form should also pop up while you read this blog. Please let me know if it doesn’t, as I am no computer geek! Please do sign up if you are interested in an ARC copy of my new memoir ‘Waiting in the Wings‘, which will be published later in the year.
Do you have a favourite website to market your books? Let us know by commenting or linking your blog to this one by clicking on the blue button below and following the instructions given.
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop. …
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.