This week we’re talking about our favourite song.
I have a wide musical taste, and so I’d like to list my favourite song in each style:
The Blues Brothers version of ‘Sweet Home Chicago’. This song brings back many happy memories of sitting with my boys watching ‘The Blues Brothers’ film and laughing at the antics of Jake and Elwood, especially the dry white toast and the four fried chickens and a coke bit with Aretha Franklin.
Bob Marley’s ‘One Love’ never fails to uplift me if I’m feeling a bit down.
Here I cannot really name one in particular, but here’s a little list of my absolute favourites in no particular order:
- ‘The Turning Away’, by Pink Floyd (guitar solo to die for).
- ‘Blame it on the Boom Boom’, by Black Stone Cherry (for rockin’ out at a festival).
- ‘Rock and Roll’, by Led Zeppelin (or is it the sight of a 20-something Robert Plant?).
- ‘The Spirit Carries On’, by Dream Theater (the lyrics say it all for me and there’s a great guitar solo).
- ‘Hotel California’, by The Eagles (brings back memories of being a young party girl!).
‘Aftermath’, by Armored Saint (brings back memories of when my son first started playing in a band).
Middle of the Road:
Ervin Drake’s ‘It Was a Very Good Year’ usually makes my eyes fill up, especially when Frank Sinatra sings it.
‘The Flower Duet’ from Lakme, by Delibes. I have no particular memories associated with this, but it’s just lovely!
What is your favourite song (s)? Click on the blue button below to add your list or check out other blog-hoppers’ favourites:
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs. …
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.