How’s your Japanese? Mine is a little rusty, and because I sell a few books on Amazon.jp every week I thought I’d set up my author page. To save you the arse-ache of what I’ve had to go through to set mine up, here’s an easier way of doing it than toiling backwards and forwards from Amazon.jp to Google Translate:
1. Sign-in to your Author Central Account at: http://authorcentral.amazon.co.jp I did set my account up a couple of years ago, but never got around to making an author page. If you haven’t registered with Amazon.jp, they’ll need to confirm your email address first before they accept you.
2. Once registered, click the “本” (Books) tab on the top of the page.
3. Your books are displayed under “外国語の本” (Foreign Language Books).
4. Click the “さらに本を追加する” (Add more books) button near the top of the Books tab page. This will automatically bring up the books associated with your name or pen name.
5. Select “外国語の本”(Foreign Language Books) from the drop-down menu and click go.
6. Select one of your books by clicking “これが私の本です”(This is my book), or search for your book by title or ISBN. If you’re the only author listed for the book, click “これが私の本です”(This is my book).
It can take 3-5 business days before newly added title appears in your bibliography.
Also, you can add a biography to the Author Page by following these steps:
1. Log-in to your Author Central Account (https://authorcentral.amazon.co.jp)
2. Click the “著者ページ” (Author Page) tab on the top of the page
3. Click the “略歴を追加” (Add biography) link next to “略歴” (Biography) and enter your text.
When you’ve finished, click “略歴のプレビュー” (Preview Biography). If you’re satisfied, click “略歴の保存” (Save biography). Once you’ve saved your biography, it will appear on the Author Page within 30 minutes.
It’s easy-peasy. It must be if I can do it! Here’s mine: https://www.amazon.co.jp/Stevie-Turner/e/B00AV7YOTU/