This week we’re to write a ‘How To’ post. I must admit I was scratching about trying to think of something relevant, but then during an online conversation with author friend Lucy V Hay, Lucy suggested a site that would help authors find out their domain authority, which is basically if their websites have a strong online presence or not. Lucy’s site Bang2Write is full of helpful tips for authors and screenwriters:
To find your domain authority, Google ‘Domain Authority Checker’, and you’ll get this site:
You put your website’s URL into the box and tick ‘Display Social Score’, tick that you’re not a robot, and really that’s all there is to it. My score was between 28 -39 for http://www.stevie-turner-author.co.uk and Lucy assures me this is a good solid domain authority (DA) score for a book blog, although for big business brands it would be a tad on the low side.
So…what’s your DA? I’d love to know!
Check out more helpful ‘How To’ posts by clicking on the links to my blog-hopper friends’ blogs below, or you can also add your own useful tips to this blog.
1. Link your blog to this hop or to the hops below.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.…
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.