Thanks very much to The Go to Girl for nominating me for a ‘Real Neat Blog Award’! I’m honored! The rules of the ‘Real Neat Blog Award’ are as follows:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, and ask them 7 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
The Go to Girl has asked me these 7 questions below:
1. Who do you admire?
My husband and two sons: one son has reached the management level of a national company and is currently applying for the next level up (regional manager), and the other son has been recently given a managing director’s post of a very successful engineering company with a view to buying the company from his boss now that the boss is semi-retired. Both sons have never been to university and do not have a degree between them. However, they are both hard workers and started off as apprentices sweeping up and making the tea. They have learned the work ethic through watching their father, who also doesn’t have a degree but has never been out of work and as a hobby can repair any household appliance you can think of that is powered by electricity.
2. Are you a dog or cat person?
I’m neither, as I don’t like mess and muddy paws, and all the dog/cat hair makes me sneeze and itch (I also wouldn’t want all the hair on my furniture and clothes). Also there’s that horrible dog smell that you can smell in some dog owner’s houses, and cats scratch the furniture and are pretty useless creatures unless you have an infestation of mice. Another advantage of having no pets is that I don’t have to walk a dog in the pouring rain and carry around a bag of excreta! Er… as you can tell, I’m not a cat or dog person!
3. Do you like city or countryside living?
The countryside definitely. We moved to the Suffolk countryside from London 27 years’ ago and I’ve never looked back.
4. Are you a inside or outside person?
Outside preferably, walking around the countryside I love especially in the sunshine. However, all this perambulation doesn’t get much writing done, so I have to compromise and spend some time at the computer.
5. Do you still see people from your childhood?
From my early teenage years yes, but not friends I made in my primary school days. In fact one of the friends I keep in touch with has a 60th birthday party on the same day as the Bloggers’ Bash, and so I’m leaving the Bash early in order to attend. I’ve known her since we were both 13.
6. Facebook Heaven or Hell?
Hell really, especially with all the recent scandal with Cambridge Analytica. I’m thinking of deleting my account altogether.
7. Do you like your holidays hot or cold?
Somewhere in between, and that’s why we have a holiday home on the Isle of Wight. I can’t stand hot houses or too much heat, but the weather on the Island is generally pleasant in the summer. It suits me.
So, now it’s my turn to nominate some people for ‘The Real Neat Blog Award’ and ask them 7 questions. Here goes – I’ve nominated 8:
Here are your questions girls and boys:
1. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
2. Do you think we have been put upon this earth for a purpose? If so, what is it?
3. Do you think life was better before the Internet and explosion of social media sites?
4. Which of your possessions can you not do without?
5. What would be your dream job?
6. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
7. Do you believe in an afterlife, or do we just die and that’s the end of it?