Thanks to my techie support husband, I can take part in this week’s Open Book Blog Hop while I’m over on the Island. We now have Internet for more than half an hour every day!
This week’s topic is ‘What historical event would you have liked to witness?
Ooh, there is more than one event I would have liked to witness, some historical and some not, so I’ll list them here:
1. Life in Osborne House, Isle of Wight before Prince Albert’s death in 1861, from the privileged viewpoint of Vicky, Princess Royal, eldest child of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
2. The launch of the Titanic, in April 1912.
3. To walk with Lord Tennyson on his regular perambulations over High Down, Freshwater Bay, Isle of Wight, now called the ‘Tennyson Trail’.
4. To have seen the cobbled street of my childhood as it was 100 years before I lived there in the 1960s.
5. To witness everyday life in Pompeii before Vesuvius did its thing.
6. And to be one of the bathers at the Bath Roman spas!
7. To work with Mr Brunel on his plans for the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
8. To have been at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival and seen Jimi Hendrix play! Cosmic!
9. To watch the Wright brothers fly the first aeroplane in 1903.
10. To meet my great-grandparents.
Let’s see what other blog-hoppers would have liked to witness. You can even add your own event if you like!
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.