Today the topic is:
‘What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?’
Well, I’m still spending it, and how they love me for it! I’m slowly adding all my books to Ingram Spark and advertising them in their ‘Advance’ catalogue. This catalogue goes out to bookstore buyers, and I’m pleased to see that most mornings when I check sales I sell one or two books. I’m doing this slowly because it’s $49 to set up a paperback, and then another $85 to get it added to Ingram’s sales catalogue, and so each month when I receive my wages from the hospital I use some of it to publish another book on Ingram Spark.
Of course I also paid out for ISBNs, so the pounds are adding up, but I hope it’ll be worth it in the long run. One morning I checked, and somebody had bought 27 copies of ‘A House Without Windows’! I don’t bother adding the e-book versions, as it’s paperbacks that go on display in bookstores.
What did other authors spend their money on? Click on the blue button below to find out, or even add your own blog.
- Link your blog to this hop.
- Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
- Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
- Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
- Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.