This week the topic is:
Do you try to be more original, or to deliver to readers what they want?
Ha ha, that’s a very good question; what actually do readers want? If I knew that, I’d be selling millions of books!
I usually wait until I’ve thought up a plot that’s a little bit different. I try to be original, but in reality I expect every possible subject has already been covered ad nauseam. I work on the assumption that somewhere out there are readers who might like my family-based dramas, be them humorous, paranormal, or romantic/suspense based. I wait for the readers to come to me, rather than trying to write something they would like.
Am I doing it all arse-about-face? Who knows? Whatever the trending subject matter of the day is, I’m either not in the loop or possibly it might be a genre I dislike. It works best for me to write about what’s in my head and heart rather than worry about what I should be writing about.
What do other blog-hoppers think? Click on the blue button below to find out.
- Link your blog to this hop.
- Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
- Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
- Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
- Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.