Welcome to the last blog hop of 2020. The topic this week is:
“Who’s the boss, you or the story?”
I’d say it was me. Without my thoughts any story would not get written. I give life to my characters, and make them do what I want them to do. George Frideric Handel stated that angels wrote ‘The Messiah‘ and used him as a conduit, and so maybe some kind of supernatural force was evident back in 1741 in order for him to have written such a wonderful oratorio in just one week. Who knows?
The majority of us are not blessed with visitations by angels. It all comes down to hard slog, concentration and a motivation to write. I’m a realist, and as far as I’m concerned I find it difficult to believe that characters might invent themselves and write their own stories down without any input from an author.
But hey, who am I to judge? I’d love an angel to come knocking on my keyboard. I’m sure we’d have a whale of a time!
Are other blog-hoppers in charge of their stories? Click on the blue button below to find out.
- Link your blog to this hop.
- Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
- Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
- Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
- Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.