Welcome to this week’s blog hop. Today the topic is:
Write a top 10 list in the voice of a character. Is your character a person making a bucket list? How about someone listing their greatest fears? What does the list they make say about the character?
Here’s Norma Wicks’ top 5 list of her greatest achievements, and the top 5 list of her greatest fears. Norma is the main character in my yet-to-be-published novel ‘His Ladyship‘, which will be ‘out’ later this year. Norma has a battle on her hands to be accepted as female by her family.
Thanks to Teagan Geneviene for the lovely cover below:
Norma’s top 5 greatest achievements:
- Being determined enough to change her gender, no matter what other people think.
- Becoming much happier in her own skin, because at last she is living true to herself.
- To have actually found a job at the age of 58.
- To have cut out sugary food from her diet.
- To be more sympathetic to her mother, Agnes, who is an old lady now and needs extra help around the house.
Norma’s top 5 fears:
- That she will never be accepted as a woman.
- That she is destined to go through the rest of her life alone.
- That her gender reassignment surgery will not be successful and she will be damaged for life.
- That the ridicule wherever she goes will never end.
- That her family will never stop thinking of her as a freak.
What’s your character’s top 10 list? Add your blog to this one by clicking the blue button below, or just leave a comment:
- Link your blog to this hop.
- Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
- Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
- Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
- Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.