This week we’re talking about pros and cons, so I’ve decided to write down 10 pros and cons of parenthood:
- You get a lovely warm bundle of baby to cuddle.
- As the baby turns into a toddler, you get a little, warm, trusting hand to hold.
- You glow on hearing those four words ‘I love you Mummy’.
- You love your little people so much, that you could squeeze all the dinner out of them.
- You direct visitors proudly towards your children’s artistic endeavours festooning the kitchen wall.
- You get to teach a little person, and delight in their accomplishments and achievements.
- You remember with affection lots of happy family memories of your children as the years go by.
- You get to revel in the joys of grandchildren as your own children grow up and find life partners.
- You (hopefully) will get some help from your children once you reach your dotage.
- Your memory lives on in the next generation and beyond.
- For the first few years, you never get a decent night’s sleep.
- You suddenly have no disposable income.
- Children will push you to the limit, and then will push you a little bit more.
- You cannot even sit on the toilet in peace when your children are infants.
- There is no time to do what you want to do, or even read a newspaper. Your child comes first.
- Your house will be trashed for years.
- You have to listen to hours and hours of screaming tantrums.
- You know best, but you cannot pass on your knowledge as your children think you are stupid.
- Your children are manipulative, and will try to play one parent off against the other in order to get what they want.
- There’s no let-up. You’re on call 24/7 for at least 20 years.
To find out other blog-hoppers’ pros and cons, please click on the blue button below:
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs. …
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use #OpenBook when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.